The accurate measurements of the real onboard situation have always been a crucial element in the design process. This is especially true in the challenging situations like the conversions and retrofits, which require an onsite ship survey before starting the design and engineering.
3D laser scanning is making possible this reliable, and accurate digitizing of the existing systems and structures, with a precision, which is impossible for the conventional ways of survey and measurement.
The main benefits of using 3D laser scanning are:
1. Highly efficient in respect to time and money and accurate method for collection of the existing vessel condition.
2. All the data is collected with one jobsite visit with ship still in operation and avoiding follow up visits.
3. Design and engineering and installation preplanning in a virtual environment a way before the vessel is laid down for the actual retrofit.
4. Prefabrication of the system components and pipe spools in the workshop before the shipyard visit.
5. Detailed retrofit preplanning for reducing shipyard costs & downtime.
With our mobile teams, we can undertake 3D scanning at any port worldwide on a short notice.